Sir I. Clark Hutchison
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will now state the terms of reference and membership of the proposed committee to inquire into the cost of the pharmaceutical services provided under the National Health Service in Scotland.
§ Mr. Maclay
The terms of reference areTo inquire into prescribing practice in the general medical services and in the hospital and specialist services in Scotland, with particular reference to the factors governing costs and to make recommendations.
The membership is:
- J. B. Douglas, Esq., C.B.E. (Chairman).
- Professor S. Alstead, M.D. F.R.C.P. (Ed., Lond.), F.R.F.P.S. (Glas.).
- Professor R. B. Hunter, M B.E., M.B., Ch.B., F.R.C.P. (Ed.), M.R.C.P. (Lond.).
- J C. Knox, Esq., C.B.E., B.Sc., M.B., Ch.B., D.P.H.
- E. V. Kuenssberg, Esq., M.B., Ch.B.
- J. R. Langmuir, Esq., M.B., Ch.B.
- D. McCall, Esq., B.Sc., Ph.D., Ph.C., F.L.S.
- J. O. McDonagh, Esq., M.B., B.S., M.R.C.S., L.R.C.P.
- E. G. Oastler, Esq., T.D., M.A., M.B., Ch.B., F.R.C.P. (Lond.), F.R.F.P.S. (Glas.).
- Professor T. B. Smith, Q.C., M.A., D.C.L.
- J. C. Stewart, Esq., C.A.
- A. Stewart Henderson, Esq. M.B., Ch.B.