§ Mr. Ernest Davies
asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will publish in the OFFICIAL REPORT a list of steel Companies disposed of under the Iron and Steel Act, 1953, and of those which remain to be disposed of by the Iron and Steel Holding Realisation Agency.
§ Mr. Powell
I would refer the hon. Member to the Agency's Report to 30th September, 1956. Since that date the following companies have been disposed of:
- Burnell & Co. Limited.
- The Byfield Ironstone Co. Limited (50 per cent, of share capital).
- The Bynea Steel Works Limited (including The Gorse Galvanising Co. Limited and The Glynhir Tin Plate Co. Limited).
- The Kettering Iron and Coal Co. Limited.
- The Loddington Ironstone Co. Limited (50 per cent, of share capital).
- The New Cransley Iron and Steel Co. Limited.
- The Renishaw Iron Co. Limited.
- The Steel Company of Wales Limited (the Agency retains holdings of prior charge securities).
- William Beardmore & Co. Limited.