§ Mr. J. Johnson
asked the Secretary of State for the Colonies if he will make a statement regarding the introduction of the Ministerial system into the Government of Mauritius, giving the names of the new Ministers and their party affiliations.52W
§ Mr. Lennox-Boyd
Nine Unofficial Members of Executive Council were appointed Ministers on 5th July. Six will hold Portfolios and three act as Ministers without Portfolios. The names of the new Ministers with their party affiliations are set out below:
- Dr. L. A. Celestin, M.C. (Non-Party).
- Mr. J. G. Forget (Labour Party)—Minister of Health and Social Services.
- Dr. C. E. Millien (Labour)—Minister of Labour.
- Mr. A. M. Osman, O.B.E. (Non-Party)—Minister for Agriculture and Land.
- Dr. S. Ramgoolam (Labour)—Ministerial Secretary to the Treasury,
- Mr. P. G. Rault (Labour).
- Mr. A. G. Sauzier (Non-Party)—Minister of Works and Communications.
- Mr. R. Seeneevassen (Labour)—Minister for Education and Institutions.
- Mr. H. R. Vaghjee (Labour).