HC Deb 30 October 1956 vol 558 c138W
102. Mr. Hobson

asked the Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation under what authority his inspectors require a B licence for a person owning a saloon car and using it for hire and reward for the purposes of towing a caravan.

Mr. Watkinson

The Road and Rail Traffic Act, 1933, provides that an "A" or "B" carrier's licence is required when a vehicle which is constructed or adapted for the carriage of goods is used for the carriage of goods for hire or reward. Section 36 (1) of the Act defines the "carriage of goods" as including the haulage of goods and "goods" as including goods or burden of any description.