§ Mr. Tilney
asked the Minister of Education whether he will now announce the revised membership of the Central Advisory Council for Education (England).
§ Sir D. Eccles
Yes. The membership of the reconstituted Central Advisory Council for Education (England) is as follows:
- Mr. Geoffrey Crowther—Chairman.
- Dr. J. Macalister Brew—Educational Adviser National Association of Mixed and Girls' Clubs,
- Mr. M. H. Cadbury—A Managing Director (Export and Education), Cadbury Brothers Limited.
- Mr. A. B. Clegg—Chief Education Officer, County Council of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- Dr. H. Frazer—Headmaster, The Gateway School for Boys, Leicester.
- Mr. T. F. Gilbert—Headmaster, North County Modern Boys' School, Ashford, Kent.
- Miss B. A. Godwin—Assistant Secretary, Clerical and Administrative Workers Union.
- Miss M. G. Green—Headmistress, Kidbrooke Comprehensive School, London.
- Dr. V. M. Grubb—Principal, Salisbury Diocesan Training College for Teachers.
- Dr. R. Holroyd—Director of Research, Imperial Chemical Industries.
- Miss E. M. Huxstep—Headmistress, The County Grammar School for Girls, Chislehurst, Kent.
- Professor A. V. Judges—Professor of the History of Education, University of London.
- Dr. R. P. Linstead—Rector, Imperial College, London.
- Lieut.-General Sir Kenneth McLean—Formerly Chief of Staff, Ministry of Defence.
- Mr. O. W. Mitchell—Headmaster, Royal Grammar School, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Professor N. F. Mott—Cavendish Professor of Experimental Physics, University of Cambridge.
- Mr. W. F. Oakeshott—Rector, Lincoln College, Oxford.
- Professor S. G. Raybould—Professor of Adult Education and Director of Extra-Mural Studies, University of Leeds.
- Dr. M. Reeves—Vice-Principal, St. Anne's College, Oxford.
- Professor T. S Simey—Charles Booth Professor of Social Science, University of Liverpool.
- Mr. G. H. Sylvester—Chief Education Officer, Bristol.
- Mr. B. G. Lampard-Vachell—Chairman, Devon Education Committee.
- Dr. P. F. R. Venables—Principal, Royal Technical College, Salford.
- Mr. H. A. Warren—Principal, South-East London Technical College.
- Miss E. M. Wedekind—Headmistress, Sir Humphrey Gilbert Secondary School, London.
- Mr. J. V. C. Wray—Secretary, Education Department, Trades Union Congress.
- Mr. B. W. M. Young—Headmaster, Charter-house.