§ 70. Captain Kerby
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will name the 11 persons appointed by him recently to the new posts of Regional Directors of Civil Defence in England and Wales; if he will indicate those of them who have not had any previous Civil Defence experience; how many of these new posts were filled by persons who, at the time of their appointment, were over the advertised age limit; and what are the salaries and expenses payable to each new director.
§ Major Lloyd-George
The names of the 10 persons appointed recently as Regional Directors of Civil Defence in England and of the Director of Civil Defence for Wales are given below. Three have had previous close connection with Civil Defence, and one was over 60 when appointed. The appointments carry salaries at the London rate of £2,000 per annum (less provincial differentiation where appropriate), and entitlement to the normal Civil Service travelling and subsistence allowances.
REGIONAL DIRECTORS OF CIVIL DEFENCE IN ENGLAND
- Rear Admiral W. L. G. Adams, C.B., O.B.E. Lieutenant-General Sir Alexander Cameron, K.B.E., C.B., M.C.
- Lieutenant-General E. N. Goddard, C.B., C.I.E., C.B.E., M.V.O., M.C.
- Captain K. L. Harkness, D.S.C., R.N., (Retd.).
- Major-General S. Lamplugh, C.B., C.B.E.
- Major-General J. S. Lethbridge, C.B., C.B.E., M.C.
- Air Marshal Sir Lawrence Pendred, K.B.E., C.B., D.F.C
- Rear Admiral A. D. Torlesse, C.B., D.S.O.
- Mr. J. R. S. Watson.
- Lieutenant-General Sir Ernest Wood, K.B.E., C.B., C.I.E., M.C.
DIRECTOR OF CIVIL DEFENCE FOR WALES
- Major-General F. R. G. Matthews. C.B., D.S.O.