§ 76. Mr. Russell
asked the Secretary of State for the Colonies how many legislatures, chambers of commerce, agricultural societies and other organisations in the British West Indies have sent to him 35W resolutions urging that the Government should be free to make special protective arrangements, where necessary, to assist commodities produced in the Colonies; and if he will give a list of the authorities.
§ Mr. Hopkinson
Resolutions to this effect have been received from one Legislative Council and 18 other bodies in the British West Indies. The following is a list of these bodies:
- Council of the Barbados Chamber of Commerce.
- Georgetown Chamber of Commerce.
- Shipping Association of Georgetown.
- Junior Chamber of Commerce.
- British Guiana Rice Producers Association.
- Berbice Chamber of Commerce and Development Association.
- British Guiana Commission Agents Association.
- British Honduras Chamber of Commerce.
- Dominica Planters Association.
- Grenada Chamber of Commerce.
- Grenada Agriculturalists' Union.
- Legislative Council.
- Banana Board.
- Farmers Federation.
- Citrus Growers Association, Limited.
- Agricultural Society.
- St. Kitts-Nevis Chamber of Commerce.
- Agricultural Society of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Trinidad Chamber of Commerce.