HC Deb 05 April 1955 vol 539 c79W
41. Mr. Warbey

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government whether he is aware that no procedure exists by which persons, other than the applicant, aggrieved by a development order made by a local planning authority can appeal against the order; and whether he will introduce amending legislation to make such appeals possible.

Mr. Deedes

I assume that the hon. Member is referring to decisions on applications for planning permission. If everyone were entitled to object before anyone was allowed to put up a building or change a use or carry out some other development, enterprise would be subject to intolerable delays. Development which does not accord with the provisions of an approved plan is subject to restrictions; and in important cases third parties will be given an opportunity to make their views known before development substantially out of accord with an approved plan is allowed.