§ Captain Ryder
asked the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs what progress has been made in the negotiations for compensation to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company now proceeding in Teheran.
§ Mr. Nutting
The negotiations for compensation to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company continue and must be settled before there can be final agreement in the parallel negotiations between the Consortium and the Persian Government on the future operation of the Persian oil industry.
The Anglo-Iranian Oil Company will have a 40 per cent. interest in the Consortium and will be paid by the other oil companies for the 60 per cent. interest which they are acquiring.