Mr. Teddy Taylor
asked the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what was the total amount of import tax charged on imports of New Zealand butter in 1982; and if the revenue from these food taxes accrued to the British Treasury or the Commission of the European Communities.
The total amount of import levies and monetary compensatory amounts paid on imports of New Zealand butter into the United Kingdom in 1982 was approximately £28.6 million. Of this 90 per cent. was paid over to the Commission of the European Communities as "own resources" and the remaining 10 per cent. was retained by the United Kingdom Exchequer.