HC Deb 10 March 1952 vol 497 c100W
33. Mr. Adams

asked the Minister of National Insurance why a person who retires at the normal age on pension and later resumes full-time employment does not receive the benefit of an increased pension upon final retirement.

Mr. Peake

A man can only earn an increased pension by paying contributions in work after age 65. Once he has formally retired and claimed pension he is no longer entitled to contribute to the scheme and cannot therefore earn any further increments by resuming work.