HC Deb 17 July 1952 vol 503 cc181-2W
Mr. Swingler

asked the Under-Secretary of State for Commonwealth Relations, on what authority he requests refunds of compensation from former members of the Indian Services who were not Regular officers and who obtain permanent and pensionable employment under Her Majesty's Government.

Mr. J. Foster

The authority in question is to be found in paragraphs 7 and 8 of Command Paper 7116 presented to Parliament by the Secretary of State for India in April, 1947. I have already written to the hon. Member about this matter.