§ Colonel Gomme-Duncan
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland whether he can now announce the appointment of 139W a committee to inquire into the question of a close season for deer in Scotland.
§ Mr. J. Stuart
Yes. I have appointed a Committee, under the Chairmanship of Sheriff Maconochie, with the following terms of referenceTo consider the desirability of introducing a close season or seasons for deer in Scotland and the manner in which, and the safeguards for agricultural and other interests under which, any close season or seasons they may recommend should be made effective; and to report.
The members of the Committee are:
- Robert H. Maconochie, Esq., O.B.E., Q.C.
- James Adair, Esq., O.B.E.
- A. Gordon Chalmers, Esq., F.R.I.C.S., F. L. A. S.
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Glentanar, D.L., J.P.
- James McBoyle, Esq.
- Michael G. McDiarmid, Esq.
- Brigadier G. D. K. Murray, O.B.E., M.C., T.D., A.D.C., D.L.
- Malcolm Nicolson, Esq.
- James Ritchie, Esq., C.B.E., M.A., D.Sc., F.R.S.E.