§ 106. Mr. M. Lindsay
asked the Minister of Labour whether he will make a statement in regard to the Report of the Departmental Committee on Night Baking; and how far action is to be taken in accordance with its recommendations.
§ 112. Mr. Peter Freeman
asked the Minister of Labour what steps are being taken to implement the recommendations130W
Westminster Hall have now been completed; and what proportion of Sussex oak from Wadhurst and of chestnut, respectively, are now in this roof.
§ Mr. Eccles
Repairs to the roof of Westminster Hall were completed in June, 1950, although treatment for death watch beetle will be necessary from time to time. There is no chestnut timber in the roof, which is entirely of oak. About 96 per cent. of the oak came from Wadhurst in Sussex. It is not possible to trace the origin of the remaining 4 per cent.