HC Deb 08 December 1952 vol 509 cc16-7W
Mr. P. Wells

asked the President of the Board of Trade what remedy is open to a householder when very wet coke or "Coalite" is supplied, thereby depriving him of the full weight of fuel for which payment has been made.

Mr. H. Strauss

The householder can report the facts to his local inspector of Weights and Measures who will consider whether any action can be taken. In certain areas there are local Acts under which the wilful damping of coke and "Coalite" is made illegal.