HC Deb 30 April 1952 vol 499 c85W
50. Mr. Alport

asked the Secretary of State for the Colonies whether any decisions have yet been reached with regard to the proposals for constitutional changes in Tanganyika.

Mr. Lyftelton

I hope to receive the Governor's final recommendations on certain of the Constitution Development Committee's proposals within the next two months and a decision on these proposals will then be taken as soon as possible. The remaining proposals must await the report of the special Commissioner, which will probably not be available before October.

Forward to