§ 7. Mr. H. Hynd
asked the Minister of Food for an up-to-date list of foods that have increased in price since 1st November, 1951; and whether he has any statement to make about measures to halt the continuing rise in food prices.
§ Major Lloyd George
Up to 16th March there have been increases in nine items in addition to those listed in my reply to the hon. Member on 25th February, the details of which are given below.
As regards the second part of the Question, the whole policy of Her Majesty's Government is designed to strengthen the economy and to protect the purchasing power of our people against the risks to which the policy of the late Government was exposing them.
- Cake and Pudding Mixtures.
- Canned Meats and Meat Products.
- Canned Peas.
- Custard Powder and cornflour.
- Infant and Invalid foods.
- Spaghetti in tomato sauce.
- Some condiments and sauces.