HC Deb 20 March 1951 vol 485 cc268-9W
127. Colonel Gomme-Duncan

asked the Secretary of State for War from what arms of the Service the warrant officers and non-commissioned officers employed in the War Office on supervisory, typing and other clerical duties are drawn.

Mr. Strachey

Most of these soldiers belong to the Royal Army Service Corps. The balance come principally from the Royal Army Ordnance Corps, the Royal Artillery, the Royal Army Pay Corps, the Royal Engineers and the Royal Signals.