HC Deb 06 December 1951 vol 494 c282W
54. Mr. Bartley

asked the Minister of Agriculture if he will obtain the acreage of agricultural land in Durham County either partially or wholly lost to agricultural production due to coalmining subsidence damage; and what steps he proposes to take to restore this land to agricultural production.

Sir T. Dugdale

As I have already informed the hon. Member, the information asked for in the first part of his Question is not available. As regards the second part, the whole question of damage to land arising from mining subsidence was fully considered by the Turner Committee and any question on this should be addressed to my right hon. Friend the Minister of Fuel and Power.