HC Deb 17 October 1950 vol 478 c237W
73. Mr. Russell

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will allow British residents abroad who hold blocked sterling accounts to draw on these funds to a limited extent for such purposes as paying the cost of educating their children in the United Kingdom.

Mr. Jay

British residents abroad who are unable to remit funds from their country of residence are already allowed to draw on their blocked funds for essential expenditure in the United Kingdom, including the payment of their children's educational expenses.