HC Deb 27 November 1950 vol 481 cc117-8W
107. Sir J. Mellor

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether the Central Land Board will pay professional charges incurred in connection with the completion of form C.V. 121 (Part 11) if the claim is substantiated.

Mr. Jay

No. The Central Land Board is already authorised to make a contribution to the fees incurred by claimants in the employment of a person professionally experienced in the valuation of land for the purpose of making their claims. Where a claimant provides a valuation on Part II of the form C.V. 121, this is part of the procedure for dealing with disputed claims, and there is no ground for a special payment towards these charges. If a claim is referred to the Lands Tribunal, the Tribunal will determine costs.