§ 86. Major Beamish
asked the Minister of Supply how many fighter, fighter-bomber or bomber aircraft, shown separately by types, have been sold since VE-Day to foreign countries which are not now members of Western Union or of the Atlantic Pact, showing each country separately.111W
§ Mr. J. Freeman
I circulate below a list of foreign countries, apart from Western Union and Atlantic Pact signatories, to which aircraft of the classes mentioned have been sold. It would not be in the public interest to give particulars of the quantities.
Following is the list:
From VE-Day until 31st December, 1949, foreign countries which are not now members of Western Union or of the Atlantic Pact have taken delivery of the following types of fighter, fighter-bomber and bomber aircraft:
- Lancasters: Argentina.
- Lincolns: Argentina.
- Meteors: Argentina, Egypt.
- Vampires: Egypt, Sweden, Switzerland, Venezuela.
- Furies: Iraq.
- Beaufighters. Dominican Republic, Turkey.
- Hurricanes: Persia.
- Mosquitoes: Czechoslovakia, Dominican Republic, Sweden, Turkey.
- Seafires: Sweden, Turkey.
- Spitfires: Burma, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Greece, Sweden Turkey.