HC Deb 24 April 1950 vol 474 c51W
71. Mr. Haire

asked the Minister of Fuel and Power if he will increase the petrol allowance to overseas visitors.

Mr. P. Noel-Baker

As I said in answer to a Written Question a few days ago, visitors from Canada and the United States who bring or buy cars will receive petrol for 3,000 miles in their first month, 2,000 miles in their second month and a thousand in their third month. Other overseas visitors from foreign and Commonwealth countries will receive petrol for 2,000 miles, 1,000 and 1,000 in their first three months. Visitors from the Irish Republic, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man will receive allowances to take them from their port to their destination and back. In addition visitors from the Irish Republic and the Channel Islands will receive a touring allowance of 500 miles.