HC Deb 01 February 1949 vol 460 c205W
4. Sir J. Lucas

asked the Minister of Town and Country Planning if he is aware that Mr. Page, a general labourer employed by the Portsmouth City Council, is not allowed to repair his bomb-damaged house as it may be required in the distant future by the city council; that the council are not allowed to purchase the property until they can make immediate use of it; and that Mr. Page has to pay mortgage interest in the meantime; and what action he is taking in the matter.

Mr. Silkin

I would refer the hon. Member to Section 19 of the Town and Country Planning Act which may provide a remedy for the case. I am writing to him separately about it.