HC Deb 07 April 1949 vol 463 c206W
73. Mr. Burden

asked the Minister of Fuel and Power what allowance of petrol is made to an Englishman on holiday in this country from India, and using a borrowed motor car.

Mr. Robens

A British civilian on leave from abroad, using a car borrowed from a near relative, is granted sufficient petrol to motor 150 miles.

Mr. Boyd-Carpenter

asked the Minister of Fuel and Power why an issue for business purposes of a petrol allocation to Mr. W. J. Fairbairn of 95 Burlington Road, New Malden, which was previously made, has now been completely refused.

Mr. Robens

As the hon. Member was informed in the letter sent to him about this case, the purpose for which Mr. Fairbairn requires petrol is not one for which allowances are granted by regional petroleum officers.