HC Deb 09 November 1948 vol 457 c164W
31. Mrs. Manning

asked the Minister of Town and Country Planning what steps he is taking to give wide publicity to the procedure which should be followed by people wishing to erect dwelling houses for their own occupation, so that they may know they are entitled to have their development charge set off against their compensation provided they make a claim on the Central Land Board.

Mr. Silkin

The terms of the concession to owners of single plots have already received wide publicity. The important thing is that these people should claim before they develop, and in any case before 31st March next. The Central Land Board propose by every Means at their disposal to continue urging people to consider whether they ought to claim.