HC Deb 02 November 1948 vol 457 c36W
59. Mr. Naylor

asked the Minister of Labour in what way are men staying at a public institution assisted by local officials of his Department to find employment.

Mr. Isaacs

Where circumstances justify it my local officers go to the Reception centers of the National Assistance Board to register men for employment and to submit them to suitable vacancies. In other cases the men are referred to my local offices so that similar assistance can be given them to obtain employment.