HC Deb 05 February 1948 vol 446 cc307-8W
59. Mr. Pitman

asked the Financial Secretary to the Treasury what rights of appeal are open to a Crown servant if he is denied by the head of his Department consent to the publication of any work the subject matter of which is the technical subject of his specialisation.

Mr. Glenvil Hall

Every civil servant has a right of appeal to the responsible Minister against decisions which affect him. It has not been found necessary to lay down any special appeal procedure to deal with the type of case referred to; nor am I aware that consent in such cases has been unreasonably withheld.