§ 75. Commander Noble
asked the Parliamentary Secretary to the Admiralty the number of candidates who failed the interview in the second new Dartmouth entry scheme and the number appointed as cadets; and if he will also give a list of successful candidates' schools.
Of the 72 candidates interviewed, 44 failed to reach the qualifying standard. Twenty-seven were appointed as cadets; the vacancies in the branch for which the twenty-eighth was a candidate were already filled. Following is a list of the successful candidates' schools:
- Ardrossan Academy.
- Bedford Modern School.
- Bishop's Stortford College.
- Brentwood School (2 candidates).
- Cirencester Grammar School.
- Derby School.
- Dover County Grammar School.
- Downside School, Bath.
- Dumfries Academy.
- Finchley Grammar School.
- Frimley and Camberley County Grammar School.
- Haileybury and I.S.C.
- Harrow County Grammar School.
- Huddersfield College.
- Huddersfield Roys Hall Grammar School.
- Leys School, Cambridge.
- Lowestoft Grammar School.
- Newtown Boys' Grammar School.
- North Manchester High School.
- Peter Symond's School, Winchester.
- Pontypridd Boys' Grammar School.
- Royal Grammar School, Lancaster.
- Solihull School.
- St. Joseph's College, London.
- Wellington Grammar School.
- H.M.S. "Fisgard" (R.N. Artificers' Training Establishment, Torpoint).