HC Deb 20 November 1947 vol 444 cc211-2W
94. Mr. Sorensen

asked the Minister of Health whether persons in public assistance and other institutions for which he is responsible are entitled to claim personal delivery of correspondence addressed to them; and what action such persons can take to ensure that their correspondence shall not be interfered with without their specific authorisation.

Mr. Bevan

In general, yes. An aggrieved resident can appeal to the committee managing the institution, the local authority or myself, and if my hon. Friend has any particular instance in mind, I should be glad to be furnished with particulars so that I may inquire into it.

Forward to