HC Deb 20 November 1947 vol 444 c197W
1. Mr. S. Shephard

asked the President of the Board of Trade if he will give a list of those trades and industries in which an ex-Service man, not disabled, needs a permit, licence, or coupon-float, to commence business on his own account.

Mr. H. Wilson

An ex-Service man requires a permit, licence or coupon-float to commence a business in every case in which such authority is needed under Board of Trade regulations. Because of the present shortage of materials there are very many industries for which many different types of permits and licences are necessary. I do not think that the work involved in preparing a comprehensive list would be justified although I am very willing to consider any particular case the hon. Member has in mind.