§ Mr. Pickthorn
asked the Lord President of the Council what are the qualifications of Mr. S. C. Leslie for the post of chief officer of the Economic Information Section in his department; and what have been his previous employments.
§ Mr. H. Morrison
Mr. S. C. Leslie has had wide experience in responsible posts concerned with various aspects of publicity on economic matters. His previous employments have been:
- 1922–23.—Lecturer, University of Wales.
- 1924–6.—Lecturer, Melbourne University.
- 1926.—On the staff of Mr. S. M. Bruce, Prime Minister of Australia, for the Imperial Conference.
- 1927–36.—London Press Exchange.
- 1936–40.—Publicity Manager of the Gas, Light and Coke Company.
- 1939–40.—Honorary Publicity Adviser to the National Savings Committee.
- 1940.—Director of Public Relations, Ministry of Supply.
- 1940–43.—Director of Public Relations, Home Office and Ministry of Home Security.
- 1943–45.—Principal Assistant Secretary, Home Office and Ministry of Home Security.
- 1945–47.—Director, Council of Industrial Design.