HC Deb 30 January 1947 vol 432 c249W
Mr. G. Wallace

asked the Minister of Health whether he will introduce a scheme whereby financial encouragement could be given to building trade workers to build their own houses, such encouragement to include land at a reasonable price or allocation of land from the local authority.

Mr. Bevan

Local authorities already have powers to advance money to persons to build their own houses and with my consent to sell or lease land at a reasonable price or rent.

Forward to