HC Deb 27 January 1947 vol 432 c124W
117. Sir J. Lucas

asked the Minister of Transport if he is aware that purchasers of ex-W.D. or C.D. Hillman Minx or similar canvas-covered light motor trucks are only allowed to register them with a "C" licence; and, in view of their suitability for use as utility motor cars or as station waggons, if he will allow them to be registered as private motor cars in suitable cases.

Mr. Barnes

The facts are not as suggested. Such a vehicle is registered under the Roads Act, 1920, and charged to duty under the Finance Act, 1920, as a "private" or "goods" vehicle according to the use made of it. A "C" licence under the Road and Rail Traffic Act, 1933, is necessary if the vehicle is used for the carriage of goods in connection with the owner's trade or business.