HC Deb 24 January 1947 vol 432 cc101-2W
Sir E. Graham-Little

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will inquire into the case of an ex-officer of the R.A.M.C. whose house was damaged by enemy action and who was given permission by the War Damage Commissioners to repair the damage by private arrangements and, having settled the contractor's account for £350 in February, 1946, has received only £180 from the War Damage Commissioners and been unable to get any answer to his applications for the refund of the outstanding sum of £170; and if he will rectify this position.

Mr. Dalton

I regret that I cannot undertake to answer questions about individual war damage claims. If, however, the hon. Member will send me further particulars, I will ask the War Damage Commission to look into the case.