HC Deb 10 October 1946 vol 427 c89W
Mr. Boyd-Carpenter

asked the Minister of National Insurance whether, in cases where a man on release leave from the Forces takes up employment, contributions under National Insurance are required from him in addition to those credited to him by the Service Department in respect of the leave period.

Mr. J. Griffiths

Contributions at the ordinary civilian rates are payable in respect of a man on release leave from the Forces who takes up insurable employment but there is no double payment by the Service Departments and the civilian employer. The liability of the Service Department for payment of health and pensions contributions ceases when release leave begins. As regards unemployment insurance, credits of contributions for service in the Forces are not given for weeks in which a man is engaged in civilian insurable employment.