HC Deb 28 November 1946 vol 430 c340W
94. Mr. Drayson

asked the Minister of Education if facilities are available for students called up for National Service to take their higher school certificate while so engaged.

Mr. Hardman

Boys normally take the higher school certificate examination before leaving school and if this means remaining at school for a few months after the age of 18, their call-up can be postponed for this purpose. Any man who may, nevertheless, wish to take the examination while serving in H.M Forces should apply for leave on personal grounds.