HC Deb 27 May 1946 vol 423 c131W
Sir J. Lucas

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs if it is possible for a British subject by marriage, resident in this country, to send money to a parent in distressed circumstances in Rumania; and, if so, the amount and from whom a permit must be obtained.

Mr. McNeil

There are at present no facilities for making remittances from this country to Rumania, but negotiations are proceeding with the Rumanian Government for the reopening of banking channels between the United Kingdom and Rumania.

Forward to