HC Deb 30 July 1946 vol 426 c126W
64. Mr. Garry Allighan

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether he is aware that a small house in Gravesend, in the occupation of the owner, was destroyed by enemy action in September, 1940; whether, as the owner cannot afford to buy another house, war damage value payment can be made, in view of the fact that he paid war damage contributions to insure against the loss of his house and is in a serious financial position because of failure to pay out against the incurred risk; and what steps are available to such persons to secure the pay-merits that are overdue.

Mr. Dalton

I would draw my hon. Friend's attention to the answers I have given to several recent Questions on this subject—the latest on 16th July, 1946, to the hon. Member for Daventry (Mr. Manningham-Buller).