HC Deb 26 February 1946 vol 419 cc371-2W
Mr. Garry Allighan

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether his regulations permit the owner of a house that has been badly damaged and has since been repaired under the War Damage Commission, to claim for the amount of rent he has had to pay for accommodation during the period in which his house was uninhabitable.

Mr. Dalton

No, Sir. Such lossess are only one example of many types of loss of income due to the war, which lie outside the field of compensation from public funds.