HC Deb 11 October 1945 vol 414 c445W
Sir J. Lucas

asked the Minister of Labour if he will make provision for Polish nationals who have served in the forces based on this country and discharged for wounds or other causes to register for employment in the same way as British personnel, in view of the fact that many of them are unable or unwilling to return to Poland.

Mr. Gammans

asked the Minister of Labour if any restrictions are placed upon members of the late Polish Government, Polish women or demobilised members of the Polish armed forces who are unable to return to Poland, seeking employment in this country.

Mr. Isaacs

Polish civilians who have permission to stay in the United Kingdom and Polish nationals who have, with the agreement of the Home Office, been discharged from the Polish Forces in the United Kingdom, are free to register for employment at the local offices of the Ministry of Labour and National Service. The conditions under which they may take employment are the same as those applying generally to foreign nationals temporarily resident in this country.