HC Deb 28 November 1945 vol 416 cc1488-9W
Mr. Steele

asked the Under-Secretary of State for Air if he is aware that R.A.F. personnel on leave to the R.N.A.S and serving with aircraft carriers throughout the war have on their discharge papers United Kingdom Service Only; and what steps he intends to take to ensure that these men will have a proper record of their service.

Mr. Strachey

Instructions have recently been issued that service with the Naval Air Arm is to be separately recorded under the heading "Overseas Service" on the Certificate of Service and Release. Airmen who have already left the Royal Air Force may forward their release books to the Air Officer i/c Records, Gloucester, for endorsement.

Back to