HC Deb 19 December 1945 vol 417 c1487W
Mr. Bossom

asked the Minister of Health whether he is doing anything to enable houses to be repaired or reconditioned now that the former arrangement under the Rural Workers Housing Act has been stopped.

Mr. Bevan

Subject to labour being available which is not required for building new houses, or other more urgent housing work, licences to carry out repairs and reconditioning may be obtained, in the case of work costing not more than £100,from the local authority, and in the case of other work, from the Regional Licensing Officer of the Ministry of Works.

Back to