HC Deb 12 April 1945 vol 409 cc2002-3W
Sir A. Southby

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs what foreign service allowances are to be paid to civilian members of the Control Commission for Germany; at what rates of pay; and whether similar allowances are being paid to Service personnel serving on the same Commission.

Dr. Little

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs whether, as it has been arranged that civil servants going abroad as members of the Commissions of Control in Germany are to receive in addition to their present salaries, board and lodging in military messes, substantial foreign service allowances and an increase in salary ranging from 12½ to 25 per cent., soldiers, sailors and airmen on the Control Commissions will receive similar concessions as the conquerors of Germany.

Mr. Georģe Hall

Civilian members while serving in Germany will receive a taxable Control Commission Allowance at the rate of 25 per cent. for married men, and 12½ per cent, for single men and women, of the total salary and Civil Service war bonus appropriate to the appointment. In addition they will be provided with free accommodation and messing and will receive a tax-free foreign service allowance at the rate of£90 a year for married men and £25 a year for single men and women. As regards service personnel, they will receive the same rates of pay and allowances as personnel serving in units of the occupying forces.

Forward to