§ Commander Galbraith
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland whether in connection with Treatment of Offenders (Scotland) he is yet in a position to announce the names of the members of the Scottish Advisory Council which he has decided to appoint to consider the treatment and rehabilitation of offenders.
I have appointed a Scottish Advisory Council on the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Offenders consisting of fourteen members, of whom three are women. The Council's terms of reference are—To advise the Secretary of State on any matter connected with the treatment and rehabilitation of offenders which he may refer to the Council, or which they may consider it to be expedient to bring to his notice.462W The Very Reverend Dr. C. W. G. Taylor, a former Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, has agreed to act as Chairman of the Council; and the full list of members is as follows:
- The Very Reverend C. W. G. Taylor, D.D. (Chairman).
- D. A. Anderson, Esq., J.P
- William Barry, Esq.
- James Campbell, Esq.
- J. Downie Campbell, Esq., J.P.
- Sir William Hamilton Fyfe, LL.D., F.R.S:C.
- Miss Margaret C. Geddes, J.P.
- Sister Marie Hilda.
- James Macdonald, Esq., K.C.
- The Reverend George MacLeod, M.C., D.D.
- Sir George Morton, K.C.
- Mrs.Jean Roberts, J.P.
- The Hon. Lord Stevenson, 0.B.E., K.C.
- Major Donald W. Suttbery.