HC Deb 09 May 1944 vol 399 c1733W
Major Nield

asked the Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Works if there is any scheme for compensating property owners whose land is not encroached upon but whose property is reduced in value by reason of the erection of works or buildings placed there by Government departments under their emergency powers; and, if not, whether he will consider introducing such a scheme.

Sir J. Anderson

I have been asked to reply. The answer to the first part of the Question is in the negative and I cannot undertake to propose amendment of the Compensation (Defence) Act on the lines suggested.

Forward to