HC Deb 09 June 1944 vol 400 c1653W
Sir J. Lucas

asked the Secretary of State for War if an officer of the Territorial Army, serving as a full-time Army welfare officer without pay, is entitled to count such service towards his long-service Territorial Decoration.

Sir J. Grigg

No, Sir. The only commissioned service which counts as qualifying service for the award of the Territorial Efficiency Decoration is service on the Active List or embodied service on the Territorial Army Reserve of Officers.