§ Mr. Mathers
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland whether, arising out of the proposals in the White Paper on a National Water Policy, he has considered the need for reviewing the methods of rating and charging for water in Scotland, in view of the divergencies in existing practice.917W
Yes, Sir. I have decided to appoint a Committee whose terms of reference areTo consider the basis of valuation for the purposes of water rates and the methods of rating and charging for water supplied by statutory undertakers in Scotland, and to make recommendations.I am glad to say that the following gentlemen have agreed to serve on the Committee:
- Sir Robert Bryce Walker, C.B.E. (Chairman).
- D. A. Anderson, Esq., J.P.
- Major the Hon. Alastair Fraser, D.S.O.
- Sir John Milne Home, D.L.,J.P.
- J. D. Imrie, Esq., C.B.E., J.P.
- C. H. Lockhart, Esq.
- J. McBoyle, Esq.
- John Mackie, Esq.
- Treasurer Hector McNeill.
- J. R. Rutherford, Esq.