HC Deb 26 October 1943 vol 393 cc39-40W
Sir H. Morris-Jones

asked the Minister of Labour what grants are available from his Department to assist the welfare work undertaken on behalf of Welsh women transferred to war work in the Midlands by voluntary organisations such as the New Wales Union?

Mr. E. Bevin

In the Midlands and other districts where special welfare facilities are required for transferred war workers and are not otherwise available, I am prepared to consider applications for grant-aid from local voluntary organisations which are in a position to provide such facilities and which are in need of financial assistance for the purpose.

Back to