HC Deb 11 May 1943 vol 389 cc486-7W
Sir I. Albery

asked the Minister of Labour how firms who are not members of the Engineering and Allied Employers National Federation, but who have to comply with the terms and conditions of employment provided for in the Employment and National Arbitration Order, 1940, can obtain the necessary information for compliance, as this information is refused by the Employers' Association and is apparently not available from the Ministry of Labour?

Mr. Bevin

Reference is made in the "Labour Gazette" each month to principal changes in rates Of wages and hours of labour reported during the month. These changes may be due to arbitration awards or industrial agreements. Copies of awards of the Industrial Court and the National Arbitration Tribunal may be purchased through His Majesty's Station- ery Office. If an employer who is not a member of the Engineering and Allied Employers' Federation finds difficulty in ascertaining his obligations under the Conditions of Employment and Arbitration Order he can consult the Regional Industrial Relations Officer of my Department.